A few of my memory verses have really spoken to my heart. I have followed Beth Moore's Living Proof ministry while working on the memory verses. She is one on fire woman of God. Her and Kay Arthur.
So- let's go digging into the Word of God and see where this ends up at.
January 1st: Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.
So what are the things you have hoped for but you have put off and it's made your heart sick?
What are the things that you have really wanted to do but have been stopped by fear and
stopped by something that has taken that hope?
For me, this was when we started thinking about our new journey in December. It was a time when I felt like we were going to put off our plans and that we were going to stick around Bryan TX and work for a campground as workcampers and not just heading out. Then the Lord gave me the next verse. But as we started this journey, it was not easy. It was easy the first time, we were both excited and ready. This time it was tougher. We both had things we needed to lay at the feet of the Lord and still are. So we head to the next verse.
January 15: Proverbs 16:9 A man's mind plans his ways but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
What have you planned but the Lord has directed your steps. What would you like the Lord to take a lead in, in your life?
We were working on finding work camp jobs in places we really wanted to work in and explore the areas. We plan and the Lord directs our steps. We had wanted to work for KOA's this summer, had a few offers, one was in Carbondale CO. The campground sounded really awesome and somewhere we really wanted. But when my mom said she would like help with the business, we have really prayed about this. We believe that God's desire is the family. We hope to work at Carbondale next summer season.
- The Town of Carbondale is a Home Rule Municipality in Garfield County, Colorado, United States. The town population was 6427 at the 2010 United States Census. The town is located in the mid valley of the Roaring Fork River, downstream from Aspen and upstream from the mouth of the Roaring Fork at Glenwood Springs. The town proper sits on the south bank of the river, at the confluence of the Crystal River. Carbondale's horizon is dominated by the 12,953 ft. tall Mount Sopris several miles to the south of town.
February 1st: Proverbs 16:3 Commit your works unto the Lord and your thoughts will be established.
If we have good works, our thoughts will be good. If we have worldly works, our thoughts will be worldly.
February 15: Isaiah 41:10 Fear Not, For I am with you. Be not dismayed for I am your God. I will will help strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
There is no fear in Jesus!
Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real.
There is real fear and there is false fear. False fear is our mind overthinking the situation. Real fear is the situation which is really at hand, a dark street, a noise outside, things that really are happening.
1. Find joy in the little things – “Go and enjoy… for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10
2. Things will get better– “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:18
3. Think before you speak – “Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” James 1:19
4. God will always loves me – “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39
5. God is here and will be with me forever – “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” Isaiah 43:1-3
6. Worry less – “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34
7. Patience is love – “Love is patient, love is kind.” I Corinthians 13:4
8. I can and will trust God’s plan – “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 and “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 and “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5
9. Listen to God– “At the LORD’s command they encamped, and at the LORD’s command they set out. They obeyed the LORD’s order, in accordance with his command through Moses.” Numbers 9:23 and “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” Psalm 119:105 and “Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.” Psalm 27:14
10. Do the right thing – “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” Galatians 6:9-10
11. With God by your side all things are possible – “Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
Just had to add this, Smile!