Good very cold morning in most places

The Sun is shining but the winds haven't picked up yet and it is a bit chilly here in NW Florida!  I am sure it is chilly in many places.  I looked at the forecast in Omaha, NE and it's 3' with a windchill of -11!  Burr!  What is the temp where you are?  Is it bone-chilling cold or is it nice and toasty and you are ready for a house guest?

We got groceries yesterday so we could stay in the next few days and stay warm, but we have a Bible study tonight anyway!  But we will still stay warm and study. 

I know for some of you, when you hit my blog you didn't expect to get small sermons, but ya know, this is really us.  Our hearts desire is for you to really know Jesus as your own personal friend. 

If you already do know him, do you have a daily renewal of your mind?  Is your tongue harnessed so that it doesn't set before you words that you can never take back?  Are those words a blessing to others or do they curse?

Are your thoughts taken captive by God or by the devil?  Ya know the devil will come in through that door and destroy, steal and kill whatever he can to send you in a spin that you can't really get out of until you take your thoughts captive for God.  When you remember that God is the Fruit of the Spirit and these are the guidelines you could use to help your words as they reach out. 

The Fruit of Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Galatians 5:22)



Your tongue can hold your future, here is just a few I found when I went to http://www.biblegateway.com/

“Teach me, and I will hold my tongue;Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.
Job 6:23-25

My lips will not speak wickedness,Nor my tongue utter deceit.
Job 27:3-5

Who have said,“With our tongue we will prevail; Our lips are our own; Who is lord over us?”
Psalm 12:3-5

It shows 150 scriptures about our tongue!

If these fruits of the Spirit are not evident in your life, than maybe you have not let the Lord in fully.  That self control is a hard one, even for us.  It's about renewing your mind, it's about saying no to the thing that tries hard to control you.  It means that you have to say "NO!" to whatever has control over you, food-alcohol- gossip- gambling- backbiting- etc. 

I came across this article and really wanted to share it as much for myself as for you.  I have to daily renew my mind, I have to remember that when I start talking smack about myself, I am setting myself up for failure.  God did not create me to fail!  When God is for you, nothing can defeat you!  Isn't that powerful!  Can you wrap your mind around what God wants to do in your life? 

So, here's this article, in parts.

Improving your Christian Walk
Having a devotional time with God is simple.  It only requires our obedience and persistence. It is so important in our relationship with God that we have to learn to ask for help.  (I don't know about you, but I have a difficult time asking others for help, but I do know how to ask God for help).  We have to learn to let go of our control and let God take the reigns and surrender all we are to Him.  Ya know, God created you, let Him in to do the things He desires for you.  If you don't have a Bible, Walmart sells them pretty inexpensive.  Take it and before you open it, ask God where He desires you to start reading.  Than read a little of it and ask Him what it means and then wait for the answer- patience is the key here.  Wait upon the Lord and He will renew your strength. 

The other thing I want for you, my readers is to have that real relationship with Jesus so when the end times come and they will come, you are taken up in the air with Jesus and you don't have to go through all the pain of the tribulations. I am not a crazy christian, really!  But through a lot of study of the Bible, OT and NT, and some really strong teachers, it is coming short and our hope is that you will be ready.  In our daily walk with God, we must be thankful for all that He provides to us and for us. In turn we must be willing to give thanks to Him.
Let me share a story about Obedience.  God had given me the word "Obedience" to teach the kids at church.  It was in 2007 I think, anyway, we were teaching on what it means to be obedient to your parents, teachers, the law, what scripture says on it etc.  Well, I got a real life lesson on this lesson.  I was about 15 miles from home at a new walmart shopping.  I pulled out of the parking lot and noticed the sign that said "no u-turns", well there was no where to turn around at. So, I did a u-turn anyway.  About a second later, I saw the sirens. I
 got a ticket, I was laughing so hard, the cop asked why.  I told him that I had been teaching on obedience and I was disobedient and that now I would have to share this with them.  Oh Man!  It was a great lesson, but one I don't want to repeat again.   

However, God does make it possible and legal to make U-turns in our own life.  Praise God!  How many U-turns have you made in your life?  I have made a few as has Steve. 

We were talking the other day about "If you wrote a book about your life, what would the chapter headings be?"  What would yours be?  How many chapters have you had in your life?  In the last chapter, what has God done in your life?  What does He continue to do? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are back

Because He loves you.

Waiting/Wading in The UNTILS