Freedom starts...



Warning: Self discovery in progress, hold on, hang on and go for God!



We have basically locked ourselves up to hear the voice of God, the Holy Spirit to learn the things that are not of God and break the things and the generational curses that have taken our sight of walking with God fully. We haven't talked on the phone much to anyone, we haven't gone really anywhere except we have gone to the Revival, this has been incredible as we have learned how to pray off the yuck and become cleaner before the Almighty God, the Holy Spirit has spoken in us along with being healed. 

 Remember when Adam and Eve were in the garden?  When the snake tempted Eve and Adam with the apple.  Everyone blamed Eve, but Adam is the seed that carries forth through all generations, so the blame should have been on Adam for breaking the covenant with God and then hiding because they were naked.  They didn't know they were naked before the eaten apple, but after.

We started a new Bible class this January, it's from Wellspring Prayer Ministry in Alaska.  It's called Biblical Foundations of Freedom.  It is learning how to destroy Satan's lies with God's truths.  It has another component with it called In His Own Image. 

I Found Freedom book is about God's nature and satan's lies.  God's nature is love, joy, peace, long suffering, gentleness, kindness, faithfulness, and self control.  These are found in Galatians 5:22. 
Satan is the opposite of these fruits, his are rotten fruit with lots of flies around the fruits of hatred, envy, jealousy, unforgiveness, resentment, anger, murder, violence, rejection, fear, self-hatred, self-murder, bitterness, fornication, adultery, and the like. 

When we walk closely with God, our fruits are good and are shared to grow others, but when we don't walk with God, those fruits are rotten and can be shared but they stunt others growth.

BTW - God (Jehovah) is not Allah!  God had a son to save us from our sin, Allah did not have a son to save us.  God speaks life and according to the other- it is spreading hate.  God gave the Jewish people their land back after so much time, and Satan wants to push the Jewish people into the sea. 

"We have been given freewill and in that we are sovereign in our choices.  We are told to choose each day whom we will serve. Whomever we choose to serve, we become servant to him.  The evidence of whom we have chosen to serve is seen in our speech, because it is what come out of the heart of man that defiles him.  Our fruits are either of God, our Creator, or of the enemy, Satan.

Matthew 15:18 (New King James Version)
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man.

James 1:7-8 (New King James Version)

7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.


"In this life, the testing we go through is from the decisions we have made.  When we choose to obey God and to make quality decisions that honor or agree with God, we receive His blessings.  If we choose to serve God, we also choose to allow the Holy Spirit to manifest though us, and we show those fruits of the Spirit.  When we do this, we have peace that passes all understanding.
"If we choose to serve satan, the consequences is that his evil spirits, which represent his nature, will manifest through us.  God NEVER causes evil; it is our choice.  If we choose to disobey God and follow satan, we receive satan's blessings.  In our disobedience, God turns us over to our own devices, and allows us to go on our own way.  This is always of Satan, the devil, whom God calls "the enemy".  As a result we lose our peace and joy."

Excerpt taken from page 3 of Biblical Foundations of Freedom by Art Mathias.

There are many tactics that Satan uses and we have allowed to come into our life.  We may have opened doors and not really even known it.  The key is to find those open doors and find those hiding spirits and shine God's light on them! 
Here are some of those creepy spirits that sneak in and find a foothold and you won't even know it, they come in and hide and come out in the least expected times! 
Accusing spirits are ones that comes in ever so sneaky, it comes to steal, kill, and destroy in whatever capacity it can.  "Accusing spirits can operate in our life when we don't know what the real Spirit looks like.  Accusing spirits build on our ignorance of who we are in Christ.  They tempt us to misunderstand who other people really are. They confuse our thinking about God's true nature. Accusing spirits' goals are to bring us down, to bring others down, and to bring God down.  They seek to separate us from God, others and ourselves.  Satan uses an old military tactic of divide and conquer."

Accusing spirits accuse others, judge others, accuse God and accuse ourselves.
Here is a small list of these spirits...
  1. Refusing fellowship with a person who has changed.
  2. Holding people to their past behaviors
  3. Keeping a record of wrongs
  4. Bigotry
  5. Competition, not feeling whole unless we win
  6. Mistrust
  7. Heaviness
  8. Gossip and innuendo
  9. Being easily offended. Easily offending others
  10. Self-exaltation
  11. Envy
  12. Jealousy
  13. Suicide
  14. Not walking in or accepting forgiveness
  15. Anger
  16. Bitterness
  17. Depression
  18. Fear
  19. Hate
  20. Perfectionism
  21. Worry
  22. Vanity
  23. Blaming others for problems
This list is much longer. 

But I want to share this prayer with you.  You can use this as well.  I will go through more. 

It is the Wellspring prayer

Part 1- Forgiving or Repenting
In obedience we choose to forgive or repent. Matt. 6:14-15, James 4:7, 1 John 1:9

Part 2- Canceling Satan's Authority
In the name of Jesus and by the power of His blood, I cancel Satan's power and authority over me in this issue of ________________________.  Eph. 4:27, James 4:7

Part 3 - Asking for Healing
We ask to be healed of a broken heart or a broken body - free from shame, anger, guild, rejection, bitterness, fear.  We seek the renewing of our mind or the purging of our conscience.  Ps. 103:3, Romans 12:1-2, Luke 4L18-19, Heb. 9:14

Part 4- Listening or Talking with God
Aks the Holy Spirit to tell you His Truth about the specific situation you are praying about.  The Holy Spirit talks to us in a quiet voice, dreams, visions, impressions, or just takes the pain and leaves His peace.  John 14:26

Forgiveness prayer:
Heavenly Father, I purpose and choose to forgive...(the person for what they did).  I release them and cancel their debt to me.  In the name of Jesus I cancel all of Satan's authority over me in this memory because it is forgiven.  Holy Spirit, heal my heart and tell me your truth about this situation.  Listen...

Repentance Prayer:
Heavenly Father, forgive me for... (specific sin). I purpose and choose to forgive myself.  In the name of Jesus I cancel all of Satan's authority over me in this sin- I am forgiven.  Holy Spirit, heal my heart and tell me Your Truth about this situation.  Listen...

This is taken from Wellspring prayer ministry, by Art Mathias.  http://www.akwellspring.com/  you can go here and take a peek at his ministry.

Last night, I had a major Holy Spirit moment. 

I have set myself up for years and never knew it.  It was my own doing, not a generational doing.  I have put myself into a reward system because I had failed in school as a child.  I had a learning disability that wasn't discovered until 10th grade.  I felt like such a failure most of my life.  The report cards would come home and they would be all f's.  Failed again and again and again.  I tried my hardest, except in 9th grade when I slept through math everyday.  It was hard for me, the teacher was not nice and didn't care either. 

I would try, honestly, but I never got it. 

I figured out that the reward system came after I had two children and became a single parent.  If I did the dishes, cleaned the house, had food in the frig and the cupboards, I could go out dancing.  That reward system has followed me through these years.  That reward system, I got through college with it, but it has also put it's hooks into my marriage and not in a good way. 

If I do this, I deserve this.  I remembered when I would go shopping and spending on the credit card because I was rewarding myself for working so hard.  It was in the wrong context that I did this and I had to pay that card off way too many times and I have since broken that craziness of spending on the credit card unless it is warrented.

So, after that wonderful discovery (of reward systems), I have prayed this prayer, released myself from the reward system and I can't wait to see what happens with it!  I know there is a freedom that is awaiting me, sounds like a reward doesn't it!?  It is a good reward though.  We can have rewards, don't get me wrong, but mine was compulsive and set up for failure everytime!  It was an unhealthy reward system.

I have a lot of work to do on myself and so does Steve.  So, we are in this journey to listen to the Lord, a lot to discover and a lot to let go.  I have asked the Holy Spirit to go into the dark places and shine the light into those and tell me the truth.  But as we do this, we know that we need to keep ourselves in the place of holiness and walk with the Word of God. 
When we sin or allow sin in, we allow those spirits an avenue to come in and take place. 
God has healed us of so much in the past weeks and it has been incredible to testify to the Power of His Word.  He comes to give us new life and life abundantly.  He gives us peace that passes all understanding. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are back

Because He loves you.

Waiting/Wading in The UNTILS