Therefore I stand...

I have told my testimony before but I am still being called "religious", "she may talk about her religion." 

I don't have a religion, I don't.  I have a relationship with the Trinity.  God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit who lives inside of me. 

I have been a Jesus follower for over 30 years, really longer.  As a child I gave my heart to Jesus in "Big Church", I tried hard to read my Bible but it was difficult for me to understand and not one person said to start with James and work your way through the Gospels and then take on Acts and the rest of the New Testament because the Old Testament may stop a new believer quickly.  Once you get through the New you can go into the old and start with Psalms and Proverbs and them gear up and take on another book. 

With all the yuck stuff going on around us, how do we remain strong and mighty? 
How do we not fall for the enemies lies that things are "suppose" to be this way? 
How do we not accept it when all around us the lies and the half truths are apparent and are blinding us? 
How do we teach our children that what they are learning in school isn't suppose to be truth? 

I can tell you to get in your word, but unless you know what to look for and see it all the way through, you may not find that right thing. 

God's word does tell us  (get into the Word)  Romans 12:2. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

We can't stand against the enemy of this world if we don't know the WORD of God. 

In www.biblegateway.com they have Scripture Engagement, it will help you to grow and learn the Word of God.  Please do not use NIV, but New King James or King James.  They have taken out key verses to suit someone else's needs.

 https://www.biblegateway.com/resources/scripture-engagement/

Welcome to Scripture Engagement!

This section of Bible Gateway, created in partnership with the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, outlines a set of practical exercises and activities you can undertake to interact more meaningfully with the Bible.
We invite you to explore the different topics in this section at your own pace and in whatever order you prefer. We recommend beginning with the Introduction section below, then exploring the specific topics that interest you.

Introduction to Scripture Engagement

Scripture Engagement Practices

The different Scripture Engagement practices are listed below; each section consists of an overview of the practice, a set of practical tips for engaging in it, and a list of resources for further exploration.
If this is your first time exploring these Scripture Engagement articles, we strongly recommend that you begin by reading through the Overview of Scripture Engagement Practices; it describes each practice in detail. However, for the sake of convenience, each of the practices is also listed below.
Acknowledgements
This material is © Phil Collins, Ph.D., 2014. This material was created in partnership with the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement. Many of the Scripture engagement articles were researched and developed with the help of a group of excellent and dedicated Christian Educational Ministries students from Taylor University. Thank you Billy Goggin, Margaret Gruendyke, Amber Holderbaum, Sara Kicinski, Lydia Luke, Ryan Muth, Stu Poulson, and Carli Stewart!


"But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid..." Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Book quote, Christian, truth


The Word of God is true.  When you walk in the Word, you will see with fresh eyes and a new heart that this Jesus loves you more than ever.

Walk out of sin. The "7 Deadly Sins" that some are passionate about teaching are:

you can change your sins to God's Glory.

Seven deadly sins &   Seven Heavenly Virtues

But HOW? How do you change these around?  One step and one prayer at a time. 

How do you get into the Bible?  Here is Rachel WOJO's Blog who shares how to get into the Word.  I found her on Pinterest.  http://rachelwojo.com/bible-study-beginners/




Jesus died for ALL our sins & only God judges on judgement day!

I am crazy about Jesus because He is crazy about me!

If I had a chance to change my past, there are a few things I would do. 

One, giving my kids more of a love for Jesus.  How?  Show them what Jesus did and how to fall in love with him whole heartedly in spite of the circumstances we were in.

I would not have stayed married but then I would not have homeschooled.  Two edged sword.

Blessings on your day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are back

Waiting/Wading in The UNTILS

Because He loves you.