What is a Vow?

Trust God and be comforted: Repost of a really great writing with some adds to it.

What is a Vow? We aren't talking wedding vows, but what is a vow, do you know?

I am using the "Green Book- Wellspring School of Ministry, the Wellspring model. How to Minister Workbook. By Art and Patti Mathias

Have you ever said: "I will never let a man (or woman) ever hurt me again?"
Or, "I will never put myself in that position again." "I can't trust anybody." "Nobody can do it right but me." "I will never be like my mother (or father)." "I will never be like that." "I will never share what I really feel, it is not safe."
"I will move from this country or do this or that if so-so is elected?"

Many men say this about their mothers, and then it transfers to their wives. "Men (women) never do it right." "Don't share", etc.

Proverbs teaches us that as we think in our hearts, so we become (Proverbs 23:7a). If we make these "vows", or statements, they are waiting to be fulfilled, and Satan will make sure they happen. Many of these vows were said as children, yet they affect our lives as adults. If you have ever made such statements, it is now time to go before the LORD, and repent and break the power of the curse that was placed on your life.


Suggested Prayer

Heavenly Father, in the name of the LORD Jesus Christ, and as an act of my free will. I confess, repent, and renounce the vow of (specific words) in my life and in all my generations, clean back to Adam.

I ask you, LORD, to forgive me and all my family members and all my past and future generations for involvement in this vow. I release myself from the curse of this vow.

In the name of the LORD Jesus Christ, and by the power of His blood, I cancel all of Satan's power and authority over me because of the vow of (specific words).

Holy Spirit, heal my heart and cleanse me from the effects of this vow. Please speak your words of truth to me.

Over every single vow you have said, re-pray this again and again until you have destroyed the hold the enemy has. 

The following is a list of typical vows: (condensed)
  • I don't matter
  • I'm not good enough
  • What the use in trying? I'll never be good enough.
  • I am an outcast.
  • It's too complicated.
  • I can't do it.
  • I'll just suck it up and go on.
  • I'll just pretend it doesn't hurt and go on.
  • Nobody will believe me.
  • No one will hear my heart, or listen to me, or validate me, or acknowledge me.
  • Emotions don't matter.
  • It's my fault.
  • I'm worthless.
  • I'd better be perfect.
  • Everyone else gets what he or she wants. I never get what I want. When is it going to be my turn.
  • I'm defective.
  • I don't have time for emotions.
  • I'm a victim.
  • I am unclean.
  • Men have to be tough, or strong.
  • You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
  • I'll always find a way out; I will survive.
  • I have to be good.
  • I have bad blood.
  • I'm going to carry my cross and the thorn in my flesh.
  • I'm depressed.
  • It's so hard.
  • What's wrong with me, I just can't get my life together.
  • I can't learn.
  • I'm just not motivated.
  • I'm depressed.
  • I can't accept what has happened.
  • I can't get out of this funk.
  • It's just so hard.
  • It only hurts for a little while.
  • Time heals all wounds.
  • You can't teach an old dog new tricks.
  • It's just not for me.
  • Keep the peace at any price.
  • Be strong, good, right and perfect, and make us proud of you. Don't be selfish.
  • I can't change.
  • I've always been like this.
  • I've always done it this way.
  • You always hurt the one you love.
  • I'm not going to be like my mother or father.
  • I have bad blood.
  • My mother was this way.
  • My father was this way.
  • It runs in my family.
  • Letting a disease define you.
  • Letting a disability define you. 

Words spoken to and over your child, in front or behind their backs or when they are in a different room.  Speak life and not death.  Speak love and not hate.  Speak greatness and not weakness.  Speak hope and not death.

He will! We just have to trust him:
This list is so much longer, but I hope you get the point. 

When we speak words over ourselves, they may come to fruition. We plant even more seeds that the devil uses against us. 

When we give a foothold to the devil, he takes advantage of us because we have allowed it. We must take our lives back from him, to pray the prayer but also to start feeding ourselves those things people will tell us that are conceited. 

But they really aren't are they? 

Like "I am wonderfully and fearfully made in the image of God."  Those are biblical words.  "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me", that is too.  You were formed in your mothers womb to be awesome and loving and peaceful no matter the trouble that is at times invited into your life by you.  Learn to live in His peace.   

Steve and I had been working though this and have found that our bodies are being healed as we let go.

There is so much more we will talk/teach about another day. Today, I would love it if you asked the Holy Spirit to show you and tell you where you have made those vows. Sometimes it takes just a quiet moment to bring up something that caused a hurt. 

I rebuke cancel & destroy every assignment & attack of the enemy & cancel every curse or negative word ever spoken over my life in the powerful name of Jesus Christ! Amen, Amen & Amen!:
 

Let me share with you what happened one night. Steve and I are talking in bed, this is very usual for us. We had gone to class and were talking about it, this was a few years ago. We had fallen asleep, a few hours into it Holy Spirit reminded me of running hard. I looked and there were two girls behind me. Those two girls spent about 4 years from 4th grade to 8th grade tormenting me, chasing me home, even in school-finding the safe places to be or stairs to go down and if I stopped they beat me up! (I skipped school a lot to avoid these girls, walking home at least 2 miles to avoid them).  One day, a knock on the door and it was one of the girls who told my mom that I said she could use my roller skates. I didn't say anything to her. The next day I was beat up again. It wasn't until we moved out to our new home in the country, that it all ended. I forgave this girl and the other one and forgave myself for holding on to all that yuk.
I thought I had let it go, but I remembered how scared I was and that's what brought it forward. 
My God still...:

We have had few marriages that we really made bad choices in the choosing business.  Some really great things came out of those but so many lessons in loving others and learning how to let go of the past mistakes have come as well.  
   

For today, work on shining the light into the dark places.  Sometimes we have so much self hatred that the devil comes into take over those thoughts and they can take you to a place you want no one to see.  So you hide it and you grow accustomed to the feelings of self hatred.  Those vows that were said, come in even more so.

Suicide is one of those self-hatred places that is the most severe places we can ever be.  All those vows come forward barraging you with pain and agony and not feeling like there is a way out or that no one will understand your pain.  I am here to tell you, there are more that understand that pain then those that don't.  There is extreme guilt, shame, regret, overwhelming sadness, self-condemnation and more about what things they have done.  Sometimes they have been the victims of something or sometimes they have hurt someone they can't forgive themselves for.  Do you know God forgives and he loves us so much, even when you can not believe He would love you so much and forgive you even more so.  Just ask and find someone that will listen.  Don't give up or give into the devils plan for your life.  It is worth so much more than that.   

Prayer to bind evil forces when attacked by the Enemy:   Our hope is you grow and let go and shine that light into the dark places so you can shine your light before men and you radiate with His Love all over you. ZERO Debts!

You are important, you are loved by a Great Big God that can take anything you have to say to him.  He understands your pain, your loss, your happiness, your past, your present and your future.  He knows every single hair on your head, every single heartbeat and every single thought.  In spite of some of those, he still loves you deeply.

Some that read this may say, well I don't believe that God will care how I feel.  I would say to you, why do you believe that?  What has tarnished your belief in Him?  What is the deepest hurt that He did to you that causes you to despise him?  What is the reason you can not believe in him?  What is the problems that you can not believe that He can handle.  

I have been a believer since I lost my son.  I lost a little boy and I could have very easily walked away.  But I didn't because this little boys live was so important to so many and his life mattered to HIM!  So, I decided to follow Jesus because I knew D went to Heaven.  I wanted to see him one day. 

This is gorgeous~ God, please mold me and work in my life, so I can be an instrument for you. #God #quotes #prayer:

A Parent's Prayer:


Blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are back

Waiting/Wading in The UNTILS

Because He loves you.